Frequently asked questions
What is Opera Cashback?
Opera Cashback is a way for you to get money back when shopping. When you make a purchase in an online shop that is partnered with Opera, a percentage of the money you spend is paid back to you.
How do I start using Opera Cashback?
To get started with Opera Cashback, follow 3 simple steps:
- Visit cashback.opera.com and set up a FREE account
- Visit any of the shop pages on cashback.opera.com, then click the Start shopping button and make a purchase.
- Part of what you spend will be transferred to your Cashback account.
When will my transaction be approved?
After making a purchase using Opera Cashback, the transaction will be visible in your account with the status Pending.
After receiving confirmation from the merchant that the transaction was finalized, the status will change to Approved. The amount of time this takes will depend on the merchant. More details on waiting times are available on individual merchant websites.
If the transaction has a Rejected status, you can click on Why was my cashback rejected?
Why don't I see a transaction in my account?
There are a few possible reasons for this:
- You have not activated your Cashback account yet
- You were not signed into your Cashback account while making the purchase
- You did not follow the link of the merchant shop from the Opera Cashback webpage
- You used another cashback service for your purchase
When making your next purchase, please follow the instructions in How do I start using the Opera Cashback program?
If you have followed the instructions and the transaction was still not recorded, then there may be a delay. It can sometimes take up to 48 hours. Please check it again tomorrow or the next day.
If the transaction is still not visible after 48 hours, please contact us here. We will do our best to help you.
How does Opera Cashback make money?
We're supported by sponsored advertisements and promotions dotted around the site. Sometimes retailers pay us a bonus if we send a lot of shoppers their way.
I have another problem, what should I do?
If you experience a problem that persists for a few days, feel free to contact our support team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to help you.